Copper metal has its own craze. Also, it is one of the used metals in the whole world today. We can find the use of copper in various fields that range from industrial to domestic. In the beginning, this metal was used to make only coins and then it was used to make items such as home ornaments. In order to be used, the metal is first moulded into copper sheets in various sizes to use it in an easy way. This awesome metal has some amazing features that make them not only unique but also beneficial. The features are as follows.
- Since copper metal can be stretched easily it can be easily shaped as well as moulded.
- The amazing feature of copper is it is resistant to corrosion. For example, the copper foil manufacturers are using this foil since it is corrosion-resistant.
- Copper is also a good electrical as well as thermal conductor
- This can be used in high-temperature processes since the melting point of copper is high.
Common Uses of Copper :
- The copper sheet manufacturers generally use this sheet for different purposes and we can use this in various areas. The major uses of copper are listed below.
- Copper is one of the most used metals in the making of cooking utensils as well as equipment. Most of the cooking utensils that you find in the commercial areas and homes are made of copper. It is because copper is a good conductor of heat.
- Copper is also used in making counter tops of your stove hoods and kitchens.
- Copper sheet manufacturers use thin copper sheets to make decorative ceilings for houses. In order to give a reflective appearance the metals are brushed that gives your ceiling a more stylish look you ever expect.
- Copper is used in making electrical wires which are used in power transmission no matter whether it is domestic or commercial. Since they are good electrical conductors, they are preferred.
- Copper is used to make jewellery. Here, they use either copper metal or its alloy, bronze.
- In automobile industry, copper is used in making automobile components mostly the engine part since the metal is a good thermal conductor.
- Copper is also used in making the roofing of small structures because of it’s durable and corrosion-resistant nature.
Copper Alloys :
Mostly, copper sheet manufacturers will use copper sheets because it can be mixed with certain metals in order to form the alloys that are stronger than copper as well as it can be used for various applications. Examples of copper alloys include:
- Beryllium copper : This is a combination of beryllium metal and copper metal. Most of the copper foil manufacturers use this alloy of its strong electrical and mechanical features; this alloy is used in the construction. This alloy is the strongest of all copper alloys.
- Bronze : Obviously, we are all familiar with bronze. It consists of copper along with tin. This alloy is used to make antiques. Moreover, it is strong.
- Lead coated copper sheets : These copper sheets are mainly utilized in the making of gutters. Moreover, the lead coating helps to improve the resistance of corrosion in the copper metal which will make it extra durable.
Copper is useful in a lot of ways and remains one of the most used as well as preferred metal because of its unique properties.